Who said you can’t eat Chili if you are vegan? Of course you can! We just need to be creative. This recipe is so good that even I, someone who loves meat and will never give up meat, have fallen in love with it.
3 large cloves garlic – minced
1 red/white onion – chopped
1 red bell pepper – diced
1 can chopped tomatoes – because I’m lazy and don’t want to chop 5-6 romano tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans – because I’m impatient and don’t want to soak the beans overnight
1 big sweet potato – diced
1 vegetable cube
a pinch of dried basil
a pinch of dried oregano
a pinch of paprika
a little bit, or more of Sriracha sauce
- Put oil into a big pot on a medium-high heat and then add the onion and garlic.
- Once the onions become translucent, add the potatoes and drained beans, sauté for a minute.
- Turn the heat low and then add the tomatoes, bell pepper, vegetable cube, spices and the sauce. Stir, cover and let it do its magic for 20-30 mins.
- Stir again, add half a cup of water if needed and then add some squeezed lemon. Stir and leave again for a minute.
- You can serve it as it is if you are a vegan but since we love dairy we usually add a spoonful of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Aaaahh… yeah.. we ran out of sour cream. ♥