Hi, my name is Kate and I am a Jamie Oliver fan.
This Jamie Oliver recipe is very easy to make. The key is to use as good quality pesto as you can get from your local store and to not overcook the beans (why the hell would you?)
9 oz dried farfalle
4 oz french beans
1 small red potato
1 oz Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp pesto
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook your farfalle in boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Give it an occasional stir to make sure none of the pasta is sticking together. Meanwhile…
- Top the green beans and put to one side. Scrub the potato then slice it as thinly as possible.
- About 5 minutes before the pasta is done, add the beans and potato slices to the pot. Simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- When your pasta is cooked and the beans and potatoes are tender, scoop out a cupful of the water to keep, then drain everything in a colander.
- Return the pasta and veg to the pan. Add the pesto and stir everything together. If the sauce is a bit thick, add a little splash of your reserved cooking water to thin it out slightly.
- Stir in half the Parmesan. Taste and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil then cover with a lid to keep warm.
I know, I need better photos. ♥